12.22.2010

Paracord Preoccupation

Sometime during the awkward ages of middle school I thought it was cool to wear hemp jewelry. I actually became decent at making it. I was shown a simple Solomon's Bar knot and was able to figure out variations to make all sorts of different style jewelry. Just recently I saw an ad on Facebook for survival bracelets and discovered a whole area of interest in paracord knot work. With my familiarity with making hemp jewelry and stalking this blog, my interest in knot work was reignited with my typical obsessive compulsive style...below are my first paracord pieces.

This is a woven and half-stitch pouch inspired from here.



This is a replacement watchband for my Luminox watch with a wide Genoese Zipper Sinnet, a shackle, and an Emerson Pewter skull bead.


I really enjoy messing around with decorative knots.  Not sure most people get the fascination, but I know people must like the finished products since survival bracelets (which I could make in 20 minutes) sell for $25.  Maybe this is a possible side-business venture?

No comments:

Post a Comment